Monday 24 October 2011

Last weekend...

...I did something I've never done before in my life; I went out and purposely bought a thriller film - in fact I ended up buying two.

The first was Takers, which focussed on a group of L.A. criminals trying to score a huge amount of money, but there are twists and turns and eventually things don't turn out as they originally planned. Overall I thought the film was really good and had an interesting narrative. There are some really cool shots too in the film that I noticed were put to good use in the genre it falls under (there were blurry close-ups and large establishing shots throughout the picture) and it all helped to create suspense especially, for example, in the clip above.

The scond film was Awake, which centred on a young and rich business man who needs a heart transplant. His doctor friend is the surgeon so he thinks everything will be fine, but he falls under the rare condition of anesthetic awareness and hears and feels everything- including the fact that his friend and wife are planning to kill him for his money. I really liked this film, it was interesting and different and it made me laugh at myself when I had to cringe away from the screen. The narrative was also interesting as the main character goes back to certain times where he should've seen specific things that could've stopped what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment