Thursday 6 October 2011

6 Ways to Kill Your Husband - Final piece.

This is my group's final thriller sequence piece. 

The Planning Progress
To plan for this task, my group and I carried out a range of planning activities and pieces of work. Personally, I created the main idea of the script, but Chris Rizzi had a huge input into what material was actually used when filming. I also drew the storyboard out and helped look at what shots we were going to use. I think we were fairly organized but nowhere near enough as towards the end of the project, it became honestly quite a struggle. Although it proved difficult, I think I really benefitted, as did my group, from making mistakes and learning from them. There are some things I would change, for instance, we didn't have enough time to edit the piece into black and white, or get the exact shots we planned +/ wanted. 

The Video Production
Chris and I used a small room with low lights- which helped create extra shadow and therefore suspense- and few props. We had to include match on action, shot/reverse shot and the 180 degree rule. I think our match on action shots worked pretty well and were edited to a good standard. Although we only used the shot/reverse shot once, I think that too worked effectively. I'm afraid to say we did break the 180 degree rule but I think we all learned from it. Abbie Hales and George Martin also, graciously helped out with the production of the piece. 

I think the piece looked pretty convincing and the conversation worked well, and although it wasn't essential, we tried hard to create a good, interesting script. There are many things I would do to improve it such as plan further in advance and think more clearly and effectively about the shots we planned to use, but as I said before, all the mistakes we make will eventually help us understand where we can go right. 

For more information on our piece, check out Chris Rizzi's blog.

This is mine and Chris's Directors Commentary...

No comments:

Post a Comment